3.28.2012

Inspiration: Taylor Momsen

Source
Tomorrow, Garrett and I are going to see The Pretty Reckless in concert. If I had to name my top four favorite artists, they would be right up there. (In no particular order: Paramore, Kate Voegele, She & Him, The Pretty Reckless) TPR is more on the edgy side and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity broaden my horizons a little in fashion.

Source
Let me make something clear right away. I in no way, shape, or form agree with Taylor Momsen's attitude and the way she lives her life, but I also don't believe in judging an artist if the music is good. What she does in her own time is her choice, I have no opinion on the matter. (Well I do, but it's irrelevant here.) 
I also don't think her style choices are really appropriate for life in general (no, stockings and a garter belt do not count as pants), but that is why we call them fashion inspiration, not "fashion I want to copy exactly". (You are more the welcome to google her outfit choices in more recent times, I won't be posting them on here.)

Source
That being said, I still haven't decided what I'm wearing tomorrow so I turned to Pinterest (of course!) for inspiration. Taylor Momsen's last year on Gossip Girl would be my favorite look of her's. Very edgy/rock n' roll but still put together and a little glammed up. A few things I found:

Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
I am having fun playing dress-up in my closet and trying some outfits I wouldn't normally wear. Who knows, maybe the rock n' roll look will work for me and I'll just start doing it full time! (Joke.)

No comments:

Post a Comment