1.19.2012

Today's Outfit

Coat: Candie's // Pants: H&M // Boots: Kmart // Sweater: Target // Tank: H&M // Hat: H&M // Glasses: Ray-Ban // Necklace: Tiffany's



How to get out of a fashion slump without spending money:

1. Put on an item of clothing you haven't worn in a long time.
I haven't worn these pants in I can't even remember how long. They are a perfect in-between  regular and colored jeans. And they are super comfy!

2. Add color.
Nothing freshens up an outfit like some color. Especially now that it's officially winter and dull outside most days (unlike today).

3. Spice up your make-up.
I'm usually a minimalist when it comes to make-up, but when I do wear lip stick, it's normally red. Today I grabbed my bright pink to match my sweater.

4. Top it off.
I love love love hats, but I don't wear them too often. So when I do, it can be a real pick-me-up.


I'm pretty happy this slump didn't last very long. I found some clothes I haven't worn in a really time, which is amazing because most of them ended up in the Goodwill bags. One of my New Year's fashion goals was to work more with what I have and go shopping less. (I know, I have a lot of different categories of New Year's goals.) Although, I don't know how I'm going to survive all winter. It's only 4 degrees outside!




1 comment:

  1. I really want that shirt. That's WAY too cool.

    I have "limbo" boxes in which I store clothes I can't decide whether to keep or not. Once I feel like I'm out of clothes, I dig in there. A lot of it goes, but I occasionally find something amazing that I end up wearing too often!

    ReplyDelete